Saturday Afternoon Lunch
I love Saturdays!!! It’s so nice to sleep in and catch up on things that I don’t have time to do during the week. Today, I caught up on some cleaning, while Andrew made us lunch. I love it when we trade. If I go to the gym, he makes dinner. If I clean, he makes lunch. Sounds good to me. So today he made us some delicious chicken pesto panini sandwiches with pear slices on the side.
Chicken Pesto Panini
1/2 lb. of chicken
pesto sauce ( use as much as you prefer on your sandwich)
1 slice of pepper jack cheese
bell pepper slices
2 slices of sourdough bread
- cook the chicken in olive oil till browned and set aside
- toast one slice of bread
- spread the pesto sauce on the toasted slice of bread
- add cheese, bell pepper slices, spinach, and cooked chicken
- add second slice of bread
- cook in pan on low till cheese is melted and bread is crispy
- Eat and enjoy!