Bright and Cheery Nursery Plans
We’ve got big plans for this weekend here at Going Lovely. Not only are we finishing up the last wedding of the season (follow us on Facebook for sneak peeks!), but we’re also working on a really fun nursery project for some close friends, who just so happen are expecting their first little one!
Before we share the big reveal in a few weeks, we thought we’d post a couple ‘before’ pics and our inspiration mood board for the space.
The nursery before
Our clients did a bit of the prep work ahead of time. They painted the walls a cheery yellow and purchased a white crib and dresser/changing table. Really, they just needed our help with the details. They are having a little girl (so fun!) and wanted to make sure the space was feminine but not overly girly.
Here’s what we came up with:
For the color palette -in addition to the yellow- we decided to bring in some coral, turquoise, and neutrals. We found lots of fun and bright details to bring the whole room together. We’re already tweaking the original board, but it was a great place to start.
Here’s the breakdown:
2. We think these hooks are not only cute, but functional too. They are perfect for hanging blankets, robes, backpacks, etc. Basically all things cute!
3. A lot of time will be spent on that changing table – there should be something fun for the little one to gaze up at. We think this mobile is pretty stinkin adorable.
4. Cheerful prints and a crafted monogram to go above the changing table. We loved the prints from this Etsy shop.
6. This bright and cheerful polka dot piece can double as storage or a hamper – we all know babies come with lots of laundry!
7. A neutral striped rug to keep feet warm and for the little bean to lay on.
8. Turquoise, coral, and yellow bedding accessories.
9. A handmade circular garland backdrop to hang behind the crib for added color and whimsy.
10. Painted Ikea spice shelves on the wall as book shelves.
We are SO excited to see it all come together, especially with the tweaks we’ve made since we put together our initial inspiration board. We’ll be sure to share it all as soon as we can.
Happy weekend everyone!